Located in central Contra Costa County in East San Francisco Bay
Pleasant hill is primarily a bedroom community with a mix of new developments and older neighborhoods. The city has a total area of 7.1 square miles with a varied landscape of valleys and rolling hills. Pleasant Hill is part of the San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont Metro Area. The zip code covering the community is 94523.
Pleasant Hill has won several awards in architectural design and for many years, the city did not even have a downtown or main street and began planning the redevelopment of the area around the intersection of Monument Boulevard and Contra Costa Boulevard in 1991. The Pleasant Hill Library of the Contra Costa County Library system s also located in Pleasant Hill and has it’s headquarters in the city.
As of 2014, the population of Pleasant Hill is 33,255 with 4,702 people per square mile (population density). The median age is 41.2. 49.80% of people are married and 12.32% are divorced. The average household size is 2.4 people. 35.75% of people are married, with children and 9.45% have children, but are single
Pleasant Hill has a Mediterranean climate with cool and wet winters and dry, warm summers. The city gets 20 inches of rain per year and no snow. The average US city gets 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 62. On average, there are 264 sunny days per year with July highs around 89 degrees and January lows at 39. The comfort index, which is based on humidity during the hot months, is a 55 out of 100, where higher is more comfortable. The US average on the comfort index is 44.
If you are considering buying a home in the East Bay region, you will find a variety of Pleasant Hill homes for sale. The median home value is $570,500. Home appreciation is 21.60% over the last year. The median age of Pleasant Hill CA real estate is 40 year. Renters make up 38.64% of the population and 3.59% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Pleasant Hill schools spend $10,857 per student. There are 20 pupils per teacher, 2,332 students per librarian, and 1,194 children per counselor.
Pleasant Hill is served by Mt. Diablo Unified School District. Public schools in the area include:
- Elementary Schools
- Middle Schools
- High Schools
Pleasant Hill is also home to many California distinguished schools and higher education institutions including Diablo Valley College and JFK University
Pleasant Hill has developed a sense of identity and a strong financial base due to it’s downtown area near the City Hall and its lake, part of a redevelopment project that has become a pedestrian hot spot for residents and visitors alike. The unemployment rate in Pleasant Hill is 4.90%, with job growth of 0.70%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 36.50%. Pleasant Hill sales tax rate is 8.50%. Income tax is 6.00%. The income per capita is $41,990, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $76,750.
Hospitals, Medical Centers & Clinics near Pleasant Hill
Located in the central part of Contra Costa County alongside Interstate 680, Pleasant Hill has a nearby BART station and extensive County Connection bus lines to serve both residents and commuters.
- Amtrak runs its San Joaquins line to Southern California and Capitol Corridor line to Sacramento and San José through stations in Richmond, Martinez, and Antioch-Pittsburg.
- BART High speed commuter rail system, which functions as the Bay Area’s metro system.
- AC Transit provides local service in West County and in Orinda, in addition to western Alameda County, Transbay commuter services to San Francisco, bus rapid transit lines and the bulk of All Nighter service for the East Bay.
- County Connection provides fixed-route and paratransit bus service throughout the communities of Concord, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Walnut Creek, Clayton, Lafayette, Orinda, Moraga, Danville, San Ramon, as well as unincorporated communities in Central Contra Costa County. A County Connection bus dressed up like a trolley-car is a free shuttle provided by the city to bring BART travelers to the downtown area.
- Golden Gate Transit provides connecting transbay service between San Rafael and Richmond and El Cerrito del Norte BART stations via the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
- Tri-Delta Transit provides local bus service in East County and connecting regional services to Martinez, Livermore, and Stockton.
- WestCAT provides local bus service in northern West County with connecting service to BART and transbay service to the city (San Francisco).
- The nearest major airport to Pleasant Hill is Oakland International Airport (OAK / KOAK), which has international and domestic flights from Oakland. Another major airport is San Francisco International Airport (SFO / KSFO), which has international and domestic flights from San Francisco, California.
Bay Area CA Real Estate Specialists – Call Today! (925) 709.1000
We are a real estate team serving Contra Costa and surrounding counties. Over the past 24 years we have dedicated ourselves to helping our clients buy, sell and refurbish properties in the San Francisco Bay Area. We go beyond the fundamentals of effective pricing and marketing and help you make decisions to get top dollar for the sale of your home or top value for your purchase. We focus on Contra Costa County real estate in the following communities, but not limited to:
If you are a buyer, allow us to help you purchase the right home in the right neighborhood and make sure you don’t miss out on any homes that may meet your needs. Please utilize our Contra Costa County real estate and Pleasant Hill real estate expertise to make your home search and buying experience as stress free and rewarding as possible.
If you’re considering selling your home, we utilize the latest cutting-edge real estate marketing tools to expose your property to the widest range of potential buyers. We will aggressively market your home to sell as quickly as possible! Our extensive real estate knowledge allows us to guide you intelligently, whether you are looking to buy, sell or invest.
We provide exceptional customer service and will assist you throughout the entire transaction. Please call us today or fill out the online contact form, and let us know how we can best serve your Bay Area CA real estate needs. We look forward to speaking with you!
Compass Real Estate
ProTeam Realty, Inc. BRE 1870055
Map of Pleasant Hills, CA